I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to live here.
Especially when I’m on top of the mountain. Every time I turn around a corner and see the snow capped mountains, feel the snow under my board and the cold air across my face – I feel so alive.
I feel so blessed.
Today I went up the mountain with one of my best friends and my roommate. We got up at 5:30 am and took the bus into the village at 6:00 am to wait in line for ‘freshtracks’ a special breakfast on top of the mountain before getting the first lines of the day. It had snowed for the first time in weeks these past 2 days and everyone was eager to get out on the slopes. I couldn’t help but have a permanent grin on my face as we ripped down the hill and heard a group of older skiers whooping and yelling at each other with excitement. There is something so magical about riding. You really feel like you are so connected to nature and your body all at the same time.
I finished the day with a couple of runs on my own and I have to say, I have a pretty rad playlist at the moment. There is truly nothing better than hearing an unreal song come on your iPod as you ride down the mountain.
I just got home and it’s 3:30 in the afternoon. Seven hours on the mountain felt like one today. I think it’s siesta time.
Top 10 Snowboarding Tunes
February 2014 | 1 hour
- SWTRWTHR – Alex Young
- Gold – Bondax (Snakehips Remix)
- You and Me – Disclosure (Flume Remix)
- Doing it Wrong – Drake (Figgy remix)
- Sweet Talk – Kita feat. Reija Lee
- Punga (original mix) – Klingande
- Collect Call – Metric (Adventure Club remix)
- Intro – the XX (Jelacee Dubstep Remix)
- Million Voices – Otto Knows
- Drop it like it’s Beautiful – Oliver Tank
- Heads will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeah’s (A-Trak Remix)
- Shoulda – Jamie Woon (Sammy Chelly Remix)
I’m obsessed with this playlist and I hope you like it too,
with mountain love and kindness,
Sarah Alicia Harvison